It’s no secret that we live in an ever changing, wildly evolving, mostly digital age. Our phones are updating constantly, our computers seem to require weekly upgrades to improve performance, and our world is leaning heavily into anything and everything digital.
In this season of life, there are few traditions that we can cling to for fear of falling behind in current trends or missing out because we’re simply not up to speed. But, we can’t deny the importance of such traditions or we run the risk of completely abandoning the foundation we’ve built our companies upon.
At Office Sign Company, we aim to make beautiful signs that stand the test of time and completely wow our customers. We’ve been doing this for years and plan to continue in this direction for many, many more. And while we could easily feel the pressure to conform to the latests digital trends, we’re confident that traditional signage reigns supreme and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
Let us explain….
Have you ever searched on Pinterest, “beautiful digital signage“? Go ahead, take a minute. Are you seeing what we see? We won’t deny that there is definitely something that makes digital signs good, but we’re not going for good, we’re going for great.
If digital signs are your thing…this might be the time to jump ship on this blog post. We’re not here to put digital signage on blast, but we will tell you that in our somewhat biased opinion; traditional signage is king.
Now, hop back over to Pinterest and search “beautiful signage“. Yep, that’s more like it. That friends, is what great can look like.
We’re no experts in the world of digital signage, but we know a beautiful sign when we see it and sorry digital, but we’re seeing nothing but extra dollar signs.
So without further ado, here are five reasons why traditional signage wins in a digital age.
1. Simplistic beauty. The aesthetic of a sign well done is simply impossible to ignore and nearly impossible to duplicate on a digital front.
2. Material. Where else can you get a sign made out of just about any material out there? Be it metal office signs, wood office signs, sustainable bamboo signs, corrugated plastic signs, vinyl signs, reclaimed wood signs, we could go on for days! Digital signage is a little more one dimensional when it comes to material choices. And here at Office Sign Company, we like choices.
3. Cost. This is an undeniable factor when it comes to deciding between digital and traditional signage. Signage of any kind is an investment, but digital signage can often come with a much heftier price tag than traditional signage. Additionally, digital signage likely requires more upkeep than traditional signage.
4. Weather. Up here in North Dakota, weather is on everyones mind. Be it snow, rain, sleet, hail, power outages, or wind storms, we’ve got a lot of factors that play into exterior signage. While digital signage may be a good alternative for interior spaces in some circumstances, typically, it’s just not meant to withstand the elements if ever used for the outdoors.
5. Customer Recognition. We’re not psychologists here at Office Sign Company, but it’s undeniable that our society has been conditioned to recognize societal norms and process them differently than things that would be considered outside of the norm. While digital signage may be growing into a more recognizable form of signage, it’s got a long way to go before it will catch up with what’s known to be more traditional.
What do you think? Can traditional signage stand the test of time? Do you use digital signage at your workplace? Share your thoughts below in the comment section!