#FridayFeature: Meet Our CNC Operator, Andrew!
The sign crew here at Office Sign was pretty excited to welcome our new CNC Operator, Andrew Hoffman. Not only does he show excellent skill at work, but he perfects it recreationally! Read on to learn more about the latest addition to Office Sign Company’s crew!
- Where are you originally from?
- “I am originally from Trenton, ND but have lived in Red Wing, Willmar, and I graduated high school in Jamestown. I have lived in Fargo since 2001.”
- What’s your current position at Office Sign Company?
- “I’m the CNC Operator, which entails running the Zund CNC to cut out signs and name badges on various material.”
- Where did you attend college?
- “I graduated from MSUM with a Graphic Design degree in 2007.”
- Where have you worked previously?
- “I worked at Kiefers/Fargo Rubber Stamp for 5 years doing large format printng, sublimation, and engraving. I was at Shortprinter for the last 4 years. One year in small format digital printing, and the last 3 years I was the large format production operator including running a Zund.”
- Do you have any hidden talents or random fun facts?
- “I really enjoy fixing and building things. I have a small CNC machine at home that I do some wood carving with.”
- What are you most looking forward to while working here?
- “Getting to know my coworkers and becoming part of the Office Sign Company team.”
- What’s your favorite part about this community?
- “All the events and community activities. There is always something going on.”
- When I’m not at OSC, you can find me…
- “I am usually out with the family so anywhere it is acceptable to hang out with a two year old. Our second child is due in July so I will probably just be at home after that.”
- What’s your favorite meal/restaurant in Fargo?
- “The Shack on Broadway. They have the best pancakes in town. It says so on their menu.”
- What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession?
- “Keep learning and acquiring new skills.”
We all love Fridays, but #FridayFeatures are especially fun around here when we get to welcome new members like Andrew to our team. Stay tuned for more new members to introduce, and thanks for reading! Happy Friday, all!