#FridayFeature – Meet Ian!
Here at Office Sign Company, we pride ourselves on three major things: service, quality, and culture. With that, each employee plays a service roll in some way. Whether that be our front-facing customer success team and account managers, or the crew at production who ensures your order will come out as magnificent as your wildest dreams. We don’t mess around with quality here; just ask our quality control experts. Quality in products, relationships, and employment. Which leads us into perhaps the most important aspect: culture.
Upon hiring new employees, a large deciding factor is whether or not he or she will contribute to our culture. When Ian came for his interview, it was without question that he would be an excellent addition. It’s only been a whopping two weeks with Ian on board, but his attention to detail, desire to learn, and positive attitude is unrivaled. Without further adieu, meet Ian!
- What’s your name?
- Ian Odney
- Where are you originally from?
- Moorhead, MN
- What is your current position at Office Sign Company?
- Customer Success Manager
- Can you tell us what all that will entail?
- “Making sure customers have the best experience possible while ordering the best products possible!”
- Where did you attend college?
- “I graduated from Minnesota State University Moorhead in 2013 with a degree in Political Science and History.”
- Have you worked anywhere previously?
- “Previously I worked as a vendor on the Microsoft campus helping them solve customer escalations, and before that I worked retail and endured 6 Black Fridays at Target.”
- Do you have any hidden talents or random fun facts you’d like to share?
- “I enjoy cooking and trying different styles of food.”
- Favorite sport/sports team?
- “I enjoy playing Ultimate Frisbee and rooting for Minnesota sports teams.”
- What are you most looking forward to while working here?
- “The company culture and the people that make that culture possible!”
- What’s your favorite part about this community?
- “The people and the commitment to making Fargo a darn great place to be!”
- When I’m not at OSC, you can find me….
- “Hitting the slopes with my mountain bike or snowboard, catching some live music, or checking out the new beers Junkyard has on tap.”
- What’s your favorite meal/restaurant in Fargo?
- “This changes all the time, but you cannot go wrong with the turkey poutine from Potato Brothers!”
- What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession?
- “It is a marathon and not a sprint. Try out different areas of interest and find how you truly want to spend your time.”
Ian, we’re glad that you no longer have to endure Black Fridays and we can welcome you onto our team! Be sure to follow Office Sign Company on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to see more cultural related posts featuring our awesome clients, projects, and of course, staff! Happy to have another rockstar on the Customer Success team! Welcome, Ian!
Written by: Rylee Wznick