#FridayFeature – Meet Jenny!
We are so excited to be welcoming a new member to our Office Sign Company team – Jenny Junker! Jenny is our new Assembly/Quality Control Specialist, and learning the ropes quickly at our Production Headquarters. Read on to learn more about this talented, coffee-lovin’ newcomer of ours!
- What’s your name?
- Jennifer (Jenny) Junker
- Where are you originally from?
- Mandan, North Dakota
- What’s your current position at Office Sign Company?
- Assembly/Quality Control Specialist
- Can you tell us what all that will entail?
- “I will help with assembling signage and do quality control checks on completed orders.”
- Where did you attend college?
- “I graduated in 2014 from Minnesota State University with a BFA in Art (emphasis in printmaking) and a minor in Mass Communication.”
- Have you worked anywhere previously? If so, where?
- “For most of my work life I’ve worked in coffee shops. I’ve been a barista for like 14 years and counting! I recently worked at Atomic Coffee in Downtown Fargo. I still work there on Saturdays because it’s still hard to fully leave the barista life behind (haha).”
- Do you have any hidden talents or random fun facts you’d like to share?
- “I am an artist. My primary method of Art is Screen Printing. I have an Instagram account for my artwork that is under the handle @yellowchairpress. Check it out! Another fun fact, I have two dogs, a Boston Terrier named Kanye and a French Bulldog/Boston Terrier mix named Jay-Z!”
- Favorite activity or sport/sports team?
- Most of my time is spent working or making art, but I also like to spend time with my boyfriend and our dogs. When its not winter we like to go on little day trips and explore around. As for sports, I’m not a big sports fan, however my boyfriend’s favorite sports team is the Boston Red Sox, so I’ve been learning to enjoy baseball a little more.”
- What are you most looking forward to while working here?
- “I look forward to learning a new profession and learning more about the sign business! Everyone here is very welcoming and friendly. If I have questions, someone is always willing to help me out. It’s really nice to know everyone is excited for me to be on the team with them.”
- When I’m not at OSC, you can find me…..
- “I would possibly be at a coffee shop drawing, or printing at my studio. If I’m not there I’m probably at home re-watching Twin Peaks or The Office for the billionth time with my dogs.”
- What’s your favorite meal/restaurant in Fargo??
- “I’d have to say either Everest Tikka House in Moorhead, or else Jade Dragon in Fargo!”
- What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession?
- “Just go for it! If you work hard and stay focused, you can do anything you set your mind to.”
Jenny’s presence here has already helped immensely with the flow of orders at our Production Facility, and we’re excited to see her grow in her new role! With any questions regarding Office Sign Company careers, visit this link and contact the e-mail below with any questions!
Written by: Rylee Wznick