So often in the chaos of a CEO’s world, I don’t sit back and take the time to say Thank You. I will do my best to list the many things I take for granted each day but am very thankful for.
- I have a warm and comfortable home. Its currently -19 degrees outside in Fargo, ND.
- I can eat or drink virtually anything I desire as I consider breakfast this morning – and most days of the year. How can I help those that do not have any choices for their next meal?
- I’m surrounded by 5 beautiful girls, ranging from a 1 year old all the way up to 37 years. Each one looks out for me in their own special way. This may be the reason why my hair is showing a glimmer of silver, but they are the reason I smile every day. Without them would prove much less laughter in my life.
- I own my own business – one that started in the basement of my home almost 10 years ago – Last night nearly 30 employees, in addition to their significant others, enjoyed food, fun and games at our annual Christmas party. I was able to sit back and realize that my family is a lot larger than I thought. Being able to call the 30 team members my friends and family is something I take for granted. (Not sure ending the night with a cigar was a good idea.)
- Our Office Sign Company celebration was held at our new Production Headquarters in Fargo, ND. The additional 16,000 SF of sign production space will allow us to better serve our customers and add many new capabilities for Office Sign Company in 2016. With both Office Sign Company locations, I have to express thanks and gratitude for over 26,000 SF of sign production and service space. Thank you to all past and present employees that made this happen.
- I have a loving and forgiving God in my life. I hope to be able to give back one day for all the gifts, blessings and skill-sets that have being given to me. I continually receive grace, even though I do not often deserve it.
- I have a handful of great friends – most I take for granted or fall into to a trap of thinking I’m too busy to call you for a burger or beer. I hope to dedicate time to all of you this year.
- I have a 67 Fastback Mustang, to remind me of the first car I ever purchased (a 1972 Mustang Grande when I was 14 years old). This car represents one of the greatest designs of all time.
- I call Fargo, North Dakota home. If you don’t know about us, you really should.
- I may have the greatest team of employees in the world. I’m grateful and blessed to be able to work with people that are collectively funny, cool, hard working, witty, stubborn, thoughtful, creative, generous, smart and kind.
- I am thankful for the opportunity to serve our customers with the highest quality sign and name plate products.
- There is a very good chance that artist Marjorie Ann Schlossman will allow me into her already full abstract art painting class. I admire her work and wish I would have chased after such opportunities earlier in life.
- I’m grateful for my family, especially my mom, who is rarely recognized for being a great little “rock” to our family, and doing so standing not too much higher than 5 feet tall. I’ve learned humility and even humbleness and the power of prayer from this woman. I also have two great brothers that do not fully realize how big of hearts they have.
- I am grateful for the simple things in life, things such as daily visits from a cardinal, sitting & eating outside our home – Often I feel as this is how my Dad has decided to pay his visits to me, checking in on me and saying hello.
- I’ve been blessed with a life that allows me the change the lives of others. I hope one day to build a platform that allows me to help out the less fortunate individuals in the world, and learn the ways of effective philanthropy – or at the very least, treat my employees so very good and allow them an elevated quality of life to chase their dreams.
- I’m also grateful for naps. I’m going to enjoy one right now. Here’s to a year full of gratitude. This is no easy task coming from this man, but it is my promise to you all…
Ryan M. Fritz
Grateful for the Moment
Along for the ride at Office Sign Company