#FridayFeature: Lucky Number Slevin – Meet Josh!
Though he’s not actually our seventh accountant, we do consider ourselves quite lucky to have this guy on our team! For this week’s #FridayFeature, meet an Illinois native who found a “meet in the middle” home in Fargo – Josh Slevin! We’re excited to welcome him to our community and to our company. Our workplace has just been graced with another sports-lovin’, go-getting personality. Read on to learn more about Josh!
- Where are you originally from? “A small town in Illinois – Peru, IL.”
- What’s your current position at Office Sign Company? “Internal Accountant.”
- Can you tell us what all that will entail? “I will be helping with the financials of Office Sign company, keeping and creating a budget, working with our teams internally to stay organized and project growth.”
- Where did you attend college? “I graduated in 2013 from Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, IL. I pursued a degree in Economics.”
- Have you worked anywhere previously? If so, where? “I previously worked for 3 different companies out of college:
- LKCS a financial statement vendor, print vendor, and custom graphic company in Peru, IL
- I sold NBA basketball tickets for the Milwaukee Bucks in Milwaukee, WI.
- I worked in Financial Operations for a mid- tier investment firm called R.W. Baird in Milwaukee, WI”
- Do you have any hidden talents or random fun facts you’d like to share? “I am half Lebanese and have 9 siblings.”
- What are you most looking forward to while working here? “Learning. I love learning, and I want to continue to learn with a group of people that have a great outlook on business and are caring for one another.”
- What’s your favorite part about this community? “The community is very tightly knit. People go above and beyond what is expected of them to help, and that is a rare thing.”
- When I’m not at OSC, you can find me… “Shooting hoops/ playing almost any sport, working out, playing the occasional video game or board game, hanging out with my wife hiking, cooking, or watching Netflix.”
- What’s your favorite meal/restaurant in Fargo?? “I’ve really enjoyed BLVD, vinyl taco, and secretly Teaberry (I love smoothies), but I really want to try new places, so suggestions are welcome!”
- What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession? “Be excited for change and always learn new things. Knowledge can make you a multi-faceted tool to help those around you.”
There you have it – a small snippet into the life of “lucky number Slevin.” Our spikeball matches are about to get a little more intense and our books are in good hands. Josh, we’re happy to have you on our team! For those reading, feel free to drop a suggestion in the comment section regarding restaurants for Josh and his wife to try in Fargo! Welcome to the team!
Written by: Rylee Wznick