Remember that “Damn, Daniel” Video that went viral a few years back? Well, here’s Dan! Two years later!… okay, not really. But when our Dan is weeding, prepping, and installing vinyl signs, we’re just a prone to hit him with a “damn, Daniel” because of how great of work he does! Though he’s one of the newest employees at Office Sign Company, it didn’t take Dan long to start making a difference in our ever-busy vinyl department. Always looking to lend a hand, and already impressing his boss with his work ethic and go-getter mentality, we’re happy to be shining the spotlight on Dan in this Friday Feature.
- Name: Daniel Edwards
- Position at OSC: Vinyl Technician
- Tell us a bit more about what this entails: Working with all types of vinyl and other substrates, as well as knowing what they are used for and how to apply the materials.
- Where did you go to college? If you graduated, what is your degree in?: I graduated from MSU Moorhead with a Bachelors in Graphic Communications.
- Where did you start your career?: I actually started it at the MSUM campus. I worked in the graphics department for almost three years as a Digital Designer / Print Production Specialist.
- How long have you been with OSC?: Two weeks this Friday!
- Favorite thing about your job at OSC?: The people. Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming and it has made the transition pretty smooth for me.
- Favorite OSC tradition, event, or work perk?: I am looking forward to the Flatlands Brewery “Halloween Party” coming up.
- Favorite thing about Fargo / Moorhead?: There is a Best Buy, and some really good board game shops.
- When I’m not at OSC you can find me… Playing board games with friends, skateboarding, or snowboarding.
- Favorite place to travel to?: Big Sky Skii Resort in Montana! It’s my heaven on earth.
- Favorite restaurant in town?: Either Hu Hot, or Smashburger.
- Favorite sports team?: Not sure, but I’m a huge fan of Nyjah Huston (Pro Skateboarder). P.S. I got to meet him at the 2017 X-Games in Minneapolis and it was amazing.
- What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession?: Just start doing it. I got started by collecting scrap pieces of vinyl and practicing on my own car in my free time. Chances are, no matter what you want to start doing, you’re going to mess up a lot before you get good, and you are going to have to put in a lot of time. The sooner you start, the sooner you are going to become better.
We’re excited to see how Dan evolves in his skillset at Office Sign Company, and some of you lucky folks in the community might have the chance to meet Dan yourself if he’s installing some signs for your business! Stay tuned next Friday for another Feature on another new employee!