Well, the new year is in full swing and we’re sitting down, setting our goals and prepping for what’s sure to be an amazing 2017. We’ve flipped the calendar over to the new year, we’re eating healthier (our office is doing a wellness challenge for the next 8 weeks…wish us luck!) and we’re back to the grind. With all that being said, we set out to write a post similar to last years Top 10 Trends in Interior Signage for 2016 but upon digging into the trends, we realized we didn’t want to be just another company to follow a trend, we wanted to be a company that could create products that can stand the test of time. And in a world where digital signage is the up and coming trend, we’re here to tell you that traditional signage rules and is most definitely here to stay. So we’re deeming 2017 “The Year of the Sign.”
But today, we want to dive a bit deeper into this. What does it look like for 2017 to be the year of the sign? We think it looks like a few things…
1. Investing in your business. You have a great storefront, but isn’t it about time to have a killer sign, too? A good sign will show off what it is you do in a creative way, it will tell your customers and clients when you’re open or closed and it will oftentimes be the first thing potential customers will see. We love window vinyl for this. It’s simple, easier to install than other alternatives and takes up no real estate.
2. Keeping your customers & employees safe. This is a big one…even if you don’t work in what could be considered a hazardous work environment. We’re talking exit signs, fire extinguisher signs, ADA compliant signs and other signs that inform clients and employees of important safety information.
3. Utilizing swag as a tool. Though technically not a sign, we think company branded swag is essential…so we had to put it on our list. Just think of it as “creative signage.” You might be asking “what the heck is swag….and why do I need it?!” Well, we talked about it here and we think all mentioned then still applies now. Company branded swag is a great marketing tool, a perfect way to recognize your employees and a creative way to elevate your advertising.
4. Using unique, unexpected material to stand out. Last year, we projected that you’d be seeing a lot more reclaimed wood used in the sign industry. Today, we see reclaimed wood signs popping up all over. We love the idea of using unique materials for signs because it allows you to stand out while also giving all of us at OSC a challenge. And by reusing materials that would have otherwise have been trashed, we can’t forget to add that it allows us all to be more environmentally friendly in the long run.
5. Creating custom signage that fits your needs. If there is one thing we absolutely love, it’s creating custom signs. The thought that you put into your business should be reflected in your signage, whether it’s something as big as your window sign or as small as your restroom sign…we’re here to help you create a cohesive vision for all of your signage needs and we get it, sometimes standard just won’t do. If you can dream it, we’ll do our best to always say yes to whatever awesome idea you come up with.
So there you have it. We’re not into the trends for 2017….they’ll show themselves soon enough. But we do care about providing you with signs that will stand the test of time, represent your business well and be of the highest quality you could possibly find. So without further ado, we declare this year as the year of the sign. Want to get started and make your business go from good to great? Give us a call at 701.526.3835, shoot us an email at email@example.com or heck, if you’re in the area, drop by and say hello at 310 NP Ave. N.
From all of us at Office SIgn Company, Happy Year of the Sign….oops we mean, Happy New Year!