This week we are ecstatic to introduce the newest member to our Art Department – Mikayla! Mikayla joined the Office Sign Company team a few weeks ago and has already made such a positive impact with our arties (our code word for Art Department team members). Without further ado, we are proud to introduce our very own Mikayla!
What’s your name?
- Mikayla Sailer
Where are you originally from?
- Born in Fargo, ND but I’ve lived in Moorhead, MN for most of my life.
What’s your current position at Office Sign Company?
- Layout Artist Assistant
Can you tell us what all that will entail?
- I do follow up for pending orders, do miscellaneous work wherever the art dept needs it, and have just started helping with pink proofs. Pink proofs are a service we offer for custom orders that are likely to change when a customer can see their proof, see what their order will look like and make changes before purchasing their signs/placing their order!
Did you attend college? If so:
- When did you graduate?
- May 2019
- From where?
- What degree did you pursue?
- Graphic Design
Have you worked anywhere previously? If so , where?
- Menards is my third home.
Do you have any hidden talents or random fun facts you’d like to share?
- I dabble in drawing, photography, and violin.
Favorite activity? Or sport/sports team?
- Video Games.
What are you most looking forward to while working here?
- Making a lot of really cool signs with a lot of really cool people.
What’s your favorite part about this community?
- The big city feeling in a small-ish town.
When I’m not at OSC, you can find me…..
- At Menards or at my computer.
What’s your favorite meal/restaurant in Fargo??
- Poutine from the Boiler Room!
What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession?
- Design is always changing. There’s always opportunity to make something new and always a time to learn and grow as a creative. Take every opportunity you get, but don’t forget to give yourself time away from your work.
We are SO proud to have Mikayla on our team and know she will make such a positive impact! With any questions about our products, services or career opportunities, be sure to reach us via email or give us a call at 701.526.3835 – welcome to the team, Mikayla!
Written by: Addie Long in reference to Mikayla Sailer