We are so excited to introduce the newest member of our team – Janine! Janine, also known as J9, joined the Office Sign Company team a few weeks ago and has already made such an impact in our accounting world with her positive personality! We so appreciate all the work she has done to simplify and improve processes as our internal accountant. With that we are welcoming a new face to our downtown location – meet Janine!
What’s your name?
- Janine Johnson
Where are you originally from?
- Moorhead, MN
What’s your current position at Office Sign Company?
- Internal Accountant
Can you tell us what all that will entail?
- Track payments received and all daily sales for Office Sign Company, Medical Office Supplies, Fargo Trophy, Fargo Stuff, Wholesale Office Signs and TAG.
- Manage the Accounts Payable: enter bills, pay bills, coordinate with other departments about their expenditures.
- Track price increases and report them to the CEO. Complete all vendor apps and setup credit accounts.
- Track all Accounts Receivable, make weekly deposits, invoice out completed jobs, coordinate with the CS Managers about past due customers and perhaps collections if necessary, setup up and check out customer credit apps.
- Reconcile all bank statements and credit card statements, ensure that all the receipts are recorded and accounted for and properly posted.
- Processing and recording payroll for our ProResources team.
- Sales Taxes, financial reports, budgets and the position is continually changing and progressing.
- I report directly to the CEO.
Did you attend college?
- I attended some college but left to take care of my family.
Have you worked anywhere previously? If so , where?
- I worked for ArtCo Promotional Products as their Operations Manager for 24 + years.
Do you have any hidden talents or random fun facts you’d like to share?
- I play the drums…that’s my hidden talent and love to ride motorcycle!
Favorite activity? Or sport/sports team?
- Vikings…they will win before I die…Camping, Hiking, Fishing, spending time with my family.
What are you most looking forward to while working here?
- What tomorrow brings as this company is constantly changing and growing!
What’s your favorite part about this community?
- How caring and compassionate everyone is.
When I’m not at OSC, you can find me…..
- With my family!
What’s your favorite meal/restaurant in Fargo??
- Mexican Village Downtown…Poco Loco
What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession?
- Find a company/industry that fascinates you…this is more than making the ledgers balance and the spreadsheets to work…it’s being a part of the industry/company you are with and your ability to guide and advise and grow with it.
We are so excited to have Janine and her talents on our team! We know she will continue to use her skills to benefit our team and maybe even put on a rock show with her drums! With any questions about our products, services or career opportunities, be sure to reach us via email or give us a call at 701.526.3835 – welcome to the team, Janine!
Written by: Addie Long in reference to Janine Johnson