- Erika Strand
Where are you originally from?
- Brainerd Minnesota
What’s your current position at Office Sign Company?
Can you tell us what all that will entail?
- Putting things together and making sure they are ready to go to the customer!
Did you attend college? If so:
- When did you graduate?
- Spring 2019
- From where?
- What degree did you pursue?
- Art Education with a minor in studio arts and art therapy
Have you worked anywhere previously? If so , where?
- I have had many jobs through college, and sometimes multiple at once, but some of my favorites include Carol Widman’s Candy Co. (were I still work seasonally) Little Jungle Childcare Center (I miss my babes!) Atomic Coffee, and First International Bank & Trust.
Do you have any hidden talents or random fun facts you’d like to share?
- I like to stay up to date on celebrity gossip (as well as local gossip) I don’t know if that’s a hidden talent, or a fun fact.
Favorite activity? Or sport/sports team?
- Reading the police blotter, crafting, anything outside, and baking
What are you most looking forward to while working here?
- Just working with more cool people, in a cool place, doing cool things.
What’s your favorite part about this community?
- Getting to know everyone, and learning how to work together has been a highlight. I have always worked for small local businesses and having that family aspect has always been important to me in the places that I worked. Getting to see how the company grows and improves is the second best part.
When I’m not at OSC, you can find me…..
- Either back home on the lake, at the dog park, or Target. I would say at home watching Netflix as well, but I don’t tell people where I live, so technically you wouldn’t be able to find me….
What’s your favorite meal/restaurant in Fargo??
- I’m not much of a picky eater, so pretty much anything I am currently eating is my absolute favorite if I am hungry enough (I get very hangry very quickly.) But some of my favorite places to eat in town I can never remember their names so I refer to them as The Train Place, and The Place with the Good Gyros. And Lucy’s. Or just anything that my mom makes when I go home.
What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession?
- Show up to glow up! I told one of my brothers when he was complaining about getting his first job.. I don’t know if that is really advice, nor do I feel like I am old enough yet to give sound advice. Just work hard, have fun, and never think any job is beneath you.