Gracing our Friday Feature today, is the newest addition to our crew, the wonderful Addie Long! Starting just this past Monday, Addie has dove in head first and has not hesitated to bring new ideas to the table, take advantage of learning opportunities, and make new connections. She is already a valued employee and we are excited to see where this position takes her and Office Sign Company!
- What’s your name?
- Addie Long
- Where are you originally from?
- “Fargo, North Dakota (I’ve got some major Northside pride growing up as a Fargo North Spartan and then continuing my education as a NDSU Bison!)”
- What’s your current position at Office Sign Company?
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Can you tell us what all that will entail?
- “I will help promote all that is Office Sign Company, Fargo Stuff and Fargo Trophy through social media, blogs, newsletters and press releases. I will also get to have some fun attending various networking opportunities throughout the Fargo-Moorhead area.“
- Did you attend college? If so:
- When did you graduate?
- “Spring 2018”
- From Where?
- “I attended North Dakota State University (the better of the North Dakota schools if you ask me).”
- What degree did you pursue?
- “I have two degrees one of which is in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations and a degree in Women and Gender Studies.”
- Have you worked anywhere previously? If so, where?
- “I previously worked for Alpha Gamma Delta International Headquarters as a traveling sorority Leadership Consultant. I lived out of a suitcase for 11 months and traveled to 23 different states and Canada! I had the privilege and honor of working with our different sorority chapters at institutions including UCLA, Florida State University, Idaho State University, Georgetown College and the list goes on. While traveling I consulted on marketing plans, recruitment tactics, philanthropic events, leadership development, coaching and more! I also still dabble in one of my childhood jobs of being a professional balloon artist! My Dad is an entrepreneur in Fargo and owns a variety of businesses including making balloon animals so I grew up truly clowning around all over the Fargo-Moorhead area!”
- Do you have any hidden talents or random fun facts you’d like to share?
- “I can make over 75 balloon animals and counting! I also know my way around a golf course!”
- Favorite activity?
- “My favorite activity is visiting the many breweries in the area with my retired racing greyhound Ed.“
- What are you most looking forward to while working here?
- “I am most looking forward to being able to work alongside and promote the amazing individuals at Office Sign Company. There are so many talented and dedicated individuals working here that I can’t wait to see where this adventure takes me.”
- What’s your favorite part about this community?
- “My favorite part about this community is the opportunity for growth and innovation. Being in the office it is apparent that while everyone is still working hard there is still room for fun and crazy ideas to blossom.”
- When I’m not at OSC, you can find me…..
- “At home with my dog, enjoying the local craft beer scene or running to different volunteer organizations I am a part of. I am still heavily involved with my sorority as an International Volunteer Service Team Member working with chapters remotely across the country. I also co-chair the annual Alpha Gam Homes for the Holidays event in Fargo. In addition, I volunteer with the American Cancer Society serving on the Executive Leadership Team for their upcoming Holiday Fir Hope Gala.”
- What’s your favorite meal/restaurant in Fargo??
- “Rustica, the burrata is one of my favorite cheeses and you can’t find a better atmosphere than at Rustica.”
- What advice would you give to younger people trying to get into your profession?
- “Take all of the internships you can get your hands on and network, network, network. Classes can only teach you so much but ultimately it is who you know and how you present yourself in the community. Get involved in things that aren’t required of you and meet anyone who will shake your hand!”
It has been great to learn these new things about Addie, and we look forward to learning more! With any questions about our products, services or career opportunities, be sure to reach us via e-mail or give us a call at 701-526-3835.
Written by: Jack “Mac” Machacek in reference to Addie Long